Monday, November 1, 2010

A Long Love story which opened my Eyes...

This is about what happened during the final year of my Graduation. Its about how five guys help their friend get a girl friend. This actually happened. So, please do not for a moment think that I am using my creativity or making up stories here.

Everything started when Faiyaz (The guy who needs help) and I were planning to start the team studies thing at our [[[pal(Harit) the second brain of the story]]]'s place at Sainikpuri, Hyderabad. It was one day to our Final year Chemistry examination... power cuts as it was pouring down...

I am not the kinda guy who would really stick to the schedule when it comes to studies... To be honest never the kinda guy... I called up Harit.... "Dude... What u doing about Chemistry??. There is so much to study and damn power cuts are pissing me off... What's up with Faiyu(Faiyaz)... Is he there? And is there any way I can come over to your place and study? cos its high time now and you know me.. Mujhe kuch nai aatha...!! I may even flunk"..

Harit said "Abey, If u did not study till now. what the f**k were you doing till now...?? Why the F**k did you not call me?? I mean its al ready 6 man... If you want to pass, come over to Sainikpuri Bus stop. I will pick your lazy as* from there.. Start off right now... and ya.. Faiyu is here.. and he is eating away text books.. Damn man.. saala bhooka hain... seriously pissing in his pants...!!"
Thats Faiyaz


I said.."Accha theek hain.. m coming over... I'll call you from the Railway cross.. Get your Car.." . "TC... "

stuffed my bag with some clothes, and rushed out.. Forgot my Brush, Undies and toothpaste towel.... Well I realized all this after a lot of time.. Say at 10 30 pm in the night...

At Harit's Home.... After Hello and Hi to his parents and some relatives who were at Home at that time....

[[[[[[[[[[Harit's place is Big... quite Big... He has his own room.. usually stinky... I mean If you visit his place and go to his room.. Let's say If he was sleeping at that time... You can find only his face with the rest of his body buried deep under some books(usually Sidney Sheldon's with the bookmark where it is supposed to be..... (u know what i mean) and news papers (ET or Hindu...) and some astrology books to know more about Girls...(Which mostly never worked...)]]]]]]]]]]]


Today was not such day... Faiyu was already there.. Actually on Phone... I could not really understand what he was talking.. He was all smiling.. Blush Blush... not at all appropriate for a hefty guy like him.... I thought.. wats wrong with him Man... Damn....!!

After a while I mean when the girls talk is over on the phone.. he turned to me and gave me a smiley look and said.. "Chalo Kris bhai.... padenge... Its already late... "

I thought..abba.. ye Chu***a ab tak phone pe gus gus karra.. mereko bolta ki padna hain !!
Theek hain... I opened the book... Harit ran into the room and said.. "Do you know there is (some crap which I don't remember) is coming on tv?... Man I can't miss that"

Harit
Faiyu talked sense "abey Bhoosu.. padega kaun". That was cool... We were about to start the Chapter Groups(Groups of elements S, P, et,. of Chemistry) and then Faiyu's phone went tring tring...

This time the damn phone was right beside me... I could vaguely see the name of the caller.. It was 'M...' some thing... when Faiyu grabbed it away... Harit said... "Shit man.. Teri waali again???". "How many times is she going to talk to you... Use boy friend hain na.. usse baat karne ko bol be !"

First of all... Its like driving a Damn old punctured car in mist for me with all this confusion and to that Harit Idiot added a little bit more.. Now, my brains are no more thinking of the tomorrows dangerous exam... I though What the F**k is happening.. Who's she... and How come Faiyu never told me anything about it... and what the F**k about she having a boyfriend... If she is Iski waali.

Now I decided to know the subject to the roots of it..... Fully determined and eagerly waiting for Faiyu Idiot to cut the call...., my anxiety was increasing with time and when I turned towards Harit for some answers, fat ass was no more in the room...

Finally, the call came to an end.... I had to see that Blush Blush thing again.... This time, I asked.. "Dude, kya hoora...?". He smiled at me and said... "She's just a friend". Now with conviction, I know that some thing was up and this guy is not telling me. Just then, Harit also entered the room again... "Abey (some singer), gya gaaya re.. You must totally watch this you know..." I gave him an angry look... He got it...!!

Both of us turned to Faiyu.. Now, Faiyu had his intuition working that I will kill him If He did not tell me at once....

He said..."Kris, She is Monica, And I like her... But she already has a boyfriend in Mumbai". "She is sweet Bohot acchi ladki hain, I really really like her"

Harit added,"Dude, she is almost like shaadi shudaa".

All my seriousness now burst into laughter.... "ALMOST like shaadi shuda kya hain bey!"
I said,"Faiyu, usko propose kiya?" "Did you tell her how you feel about her and stuff?"
He said,"She almost knows that I got feelings for her and stuff re". "But I don't wanna do anything right now". "She has a boyfriend na!! I don't think things will work out well".

I said, " Nonsense... What things.. and what work out.. paagal ho gaya... that guy stays in Mumbai.. She is in Hyderabad...What kinda of joke is this... Ye kya distance education samjha hain???"

Faiyaz said," par they met online re.. They liked each other online only.. and Savio(Monica's boyfriend) proposed to her when he came to Hyderabad"

What the hell... She met him Online, they like each other online... Shaadi, Bacche bhi online...!! How depressing... I thought.. But I never said this part to him... Swear to God.. He would Kill me.. *********______________________________________________

"Fine Faiyu, ab kya karne ka plan hain? Are you going to sit around like this or do something about her?" I said.

Faiyaz said,"arey Kris kya karu re.. Its complex you see..!! I don't want to break things the way they are"... After a pause... "I mean I like her very much but, If I propose to her, what if she wants to avoid me and all man..." "I think better than that is to remain calm and maintain my friendship with her".

Crab... I thought.. "Accha Bol.. How did you happen to know her?"

Then Faiyu told me that they both were friends from Nalanda(Junior college), and that he always used to admire(I think mostly day dreaming) her but never dared to talk to her until their college re-union after 2 years(probably in his Grad 2nd year). Then according to him, they became friends... to... became close friends... It seems she used to share every damn thing with this guy which simply added fuel to the fire... Went for movies... Had a lot of friendly fun.. He also told me that Once she held his arm tightly and said, "I wish Savio had biceps like you re". (very funny..because even if Savio worked out 24/7 and all 52 weeks of the year can not manage to bring his shape up to match Faiyu's). And it seems they stay in touch(trust me, he gets a loooooot of calls from her). They talk a lot(too much) over the phone.

That explained all the Blush Blush and smiley face expressions on Faiyu's face.

I was about to ask for more details of Monica, when Harit jumped in.... "Meri fatri yaha pe.. Its 7... Saalooo humko kal exam hain.. zara uske baare me soocho... want to flunk or what...? cut this crap and study.. Otherwise teri Monica will spit on your face and tujhe(me) tera baap laat marega.."

"Ohhhh yeah.... We have to study... " Faiyaz said..

He told me that we must discuss this later. He knew I am so damn good with
girl-psychology.... We started studying... It was damn bad... could not keep up with the syllabus.. And Harit would come in to the room for every 20 or 30 minutes and say,"mera ye hogaya.. mera woh ho gaya... i think I must concentrate more on this and that and crap..". By the way this thing gave me a lot of sweat....And Just for fun, the electricity department guys had cut the power....

But Harit did not give up.. soon after the power cut, He came in to the room with a candle in one hand and a very fat book in the other.. you must trust me, that fat ass looked like a real ghost...

The three of us decided not to discuss the Monica topic till the exams are over even though we did discuss a little bit every now and then. I do not remember what exactly it was...

NOW EXAMS ARE OVER.... ON THE LAST DAY OF THE EXAM, I SAID THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MEET THIS GIRL. (I WANTED TO MEET HER BECAUSE IF I COULD STUDY HER, I COULD HELP FAIYAZ BETTER. )


After the exams were over, I was preparing for entrance tests(GRE, TOEFL, AU TWINNING PROGRAM ENTRANCE, LILLIE UNIVERSITY FRANCE Etc,..) and I was at Faiyaz's place as my Dad strictly does not want me to leave the country for any damn reason and that was because my cousin Madhav got married to his girlfriend in the US when he was doing his Ph.D. and he feared that I would also do the same(this was along with other phobias he had).

Well, One fine day, Faiyu got a call from Monica like any other day.... all Blush Blush... smiling.. playing with bed sheets, pillows, laptop, bed posts, Breakfast, Bible... I wonder even if girls feel so shy... and besides, I am sure you have not seen a guy so well built and hefty, smiling for some unknown reason and for so long on the phone talking to some one else's girl friend.... I never liked that part..

After a loooooong very loooooong time had passed and the Sun from the East has come on top of my head... the call was over...


he turned to me and said slowly as if it was a secret to be passed for the million generations to come, "Monica and I are going to meet tomorrow at CCD" I held my lips tight for a while and said,"Good". After a pause, I said, "So, at what time are you guys meeting?"

He said even more slowly,"tomorrow at 10 in the morning, CCD, Begumpet." "Opposite to Anand ?" I asked.

Faiyaz with a dreamy face," Hmmm....Yeah.....!! "

Ok.. I thought.. "Then, I would hang out with Arshad for tomorrow. You go, Have fun". I said.

That's when Faiyaz asked me to come along with him. He said that she would not mind any one else coming. "Its just that I never took any one with me till now but Monica had brought her friends a couple times". He said.

Now, the cool stuff kicks in....
At CCD...

!And thats me!
We went to CCD the next day. Monica did arrived after a while.  I saw that she was Fat, full of attitude, and and utter dis-regard to what others may think of her bad behavior. I never told Faiyu all this. After all I thought, Shaadi tho usko karni hain...!!


After all the Hi and Hello, it was time for me to know what she really is. I mean more than the looks. I started to observe her every move. started to bring up various topics and now, Mon and I were having a conversation. She Likes Pop music, She likes animation, she likes art and she likes troubling people.
A typical Girl I thought. When I looked at Faiyaz, he was almost asleep as he could not involve himself into all this. He is the kinda guy who likes Bikes, Heavy machines on roads, Salmaan Khan. Not Aaanimation, or Pop... According to him, that sucks. I wonder how THIS guy started to like THIS girl. They are like two people talking completely different languages and trying to have a conversation for A LIFE. I knew for sure, that she is not his type. Mon is Fat, Faiyu is built, Mon is talkative, while Faiyu is not, Mon is cunning, Faiyu is a total opposite, Mon always likes winning at no matter what cost, Faiyu does not like compromising with anything, Mon is tactical, Faiyu is honest. Mon is mysterious(she always observes the other person's reactions in a conversation not to help him but only to know If she is hurting him/her enough), She takes pride in her self, Faiyu always does what he wants doing and seldom bothers a person no matter what(not when he is angry with him).

But what's good about Monica is that she always keeps herself updated of the latest information in every field that she knows. May it be fashion, Technology, etc,. etc,. She is very knowledgeable. That was one thing common in both of them.

I found all this in One hour and I was sure that she is not the right person for him. But to be honest, she is the kinda girl, whom If I did not see would picture as some one from the Charlie's Angels. She was full of surprises which is good but not for a guy like Faiyu to have a relationship with her.

Now, the problem was that I did not know how to tell Faiyu the same thing. I have decided to let Harit know this before I could tell Faiyu.



__________________________________________________________________________________
[Contd]

No comments:

Post a Comment